Chicken Keeping Courses
Do You Want to Keep Your Own Chickens?
Keeping a few chickens in your garden is great fun and it has become increasingly popular. However, getting started can sometimes seem a little daunting. Which chickens are best for you and your children? What should you feed them and how do you catch them?
Having kept chickens for over 33 years, we can certainly help you get started. We will show you everything you will need to know to get started and answer any questions you might have. Our chicken keeping courses are great fun and informative. There are designed specifically for first time chicken keepers and so you will meet like minded people.
Key things you will learn include:
- A chicken's basic needs
- What you need to do on a daily and weekly basis.
- What are the different breeds of chickens and which ones should you keep.
- How to feed your chickens including grit and different types of feed.
- How to catch and hold a chicken
- Demonstration and pros and cons of various types of chicken houses
- Chicken health information including prevention and treatment.
- Eggs and laying.
- All your questions will be answered (even the silly ones).
You will also receive:
- A free goody and information pack
- £10 Forsham gift voucher valid for any Forsham product.
- Free DVD - The Beginner Guide on How To Keep Chickens
The courses start at 11:00 and finish at 15:00.
The course costs £25 per person.
The majority of the course takes place outside so please come suitably dressed. We recommend wellies and a raincoat. We provide you with a lunch and drinks throughout the day. Our courses are not suitable for children under the age of 14.
We don't currently have any courses scheduled, but keep checking back - courses for 2012 will begin booking soon!